9 Tips To Building A Relationship With Your List
Now you know that you need a list and have started to build one. The next step is to build the relationship that will make the list profitable. Below are 9 tips to help you get that process started.
1. Unsubscribes are good. The only way that you will not get unsubscribes to your list is to never send to them. Not everyone will like your personality or writing style. Those that donít will never follow your recommendations so it is not a great loss when they unsubscribe.
2. Be yourself. Let your personality come through to your list. People will buy from you because they trust you. Try to be something you are not and it will come through to your list and you will never develop that trust.
3. Be informative. Make sure that you are supplying quality information to your list. Even if you are presenting a product for sale make sure that you are also supplying information. Create the problem and your product as a solution but also let your subscribers learn something about the topic even if they arenít interested in the product.
4. Stay on topic. If your list is about desserts that should be the topic of your email. Now donít send marketing tips to your dessert list or desserts to your marketing tips list. Yes, there may be a few that have interests in both (I am one and have both types of lists), but the person signed up for a specific topic and you are violating that trust you have worked so hard to create.
5. Only send one item per email unless it is a newsletter. Sending multiple items to your list can be extremely confusing to them and never get you the action you are looking to get. Make sure that you have a call to action in every email. Never leave your subscriber wondering what you wanted them to do.
6. Always have a reason This tends to go with number 5. Make sure that there is a reason for the email that you sent. If you have a purpose then people will tend to keep reading. If they have no idea what your reason is for your email then they will quickly stop reading all of your emails.
7. Track what works. Tracking is the only way you will know which of your emails works and which donít. This will allow you to improve your emails to your list. Do remember that the only purpose of your email is to create the click through to a sales page. If it does that it is successful whether you sell a product or not. The sale of the product is dependent on the sales page.
8. Use contact information. You are building a relationship and that is based on trust. Let people know who you are and how to reach you.
National Builders Articles
National Builders Books